http://www.slu.edu/x47044.xml THURSDAY MAY 17 -last day to register.
To learn more about the schedule, presenters, etc., visit the link above. There is no cost to attend. Register by May 17th. Please share with your network. Contact Angela Rellergert at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-977-3200 for additional information
Busch Student Center
Saint Louis University Campus
St. Louis, MO
Hotel accomodations are available within walking distance of Saint Louis University.
Registration is free of charge and will be open through May 15.
For more information, call 314-977-3277.
His Beatitude Bechara Peter Rai, Patriarch of Antioch, leader of the Maronite Catholic Church and strong proponent for peace in the Middle East. Patriarch Rai is leading the Maronite Church on his motto of “Communion and Love.” full bio >>
U.S. Rep Luis Vicente Gutiérrez, D-Illinois has served since 1993 and was the first Latino to be elected to Congress from the Midwest. He is regarded as the “national leader on comprehensive immigration reform.” full bio >>
Sonal Ambegaokar, is attorney for the National Immigration Law Center and evaluates federal, state and local health policies affecting low-income immigrants and their access to affordable health care. full bio >>
The Patriarch of Antioch will also address:
- The question of refugees in the context of Lebanon and will discuss the need for an inter-religious dialogue to spread the spirit of freedom, democracy and human rights in the region.
The conference also will consider:
- The experience of immigrants from Asia and Latin America
- Reasons for the immigration of those who come without documents
- Practical problems immigrants face, such as health care and education, including a panel discussion about Casa de Salud, a St. Louis clinic open to Latino immigrants – regardless of legal status – and supported by Saint Louis University
- Ethical questions regarding the treatment of refugees and immigrants